PrestaShop is an open source e-commerce platform. It holds a 1.2% market share among other CMSs.
In this article, we will look at what features PrestaShop offers to online store owners, how to receive payment from customers, and talk about connecting the website to accept crypto payments.
What is CMS PrestaShop?
PrestaShop is a modern content manager, thanks to which you can build an online store. The platform is mostly popular in Europe.
CMS was launched on the market in 2007. Since then, it has been used by a wide variety of companies that sell both tangible and digital goods. A lot of features, intuitive interface and ease of use have led to the fact that at the moment 300 thousand online stores work on PrestaShop all over the world. Most often they sell clothes and shoes, home and garden products, food and beverages.
PrestaShop Functionality and Features
To fully understand the functionality of CMS PrestaShop, it is enough to take a look at the list of features offered to users:
- unlimited number of products and categories in the store catalog;
- sale of goods and services through social networks and marketplaces;
- SEO-promotion and email distribution;
- blogging and content publishing;
- tracking abandoned carts;
- sales statistics;
- ability to manage multiple stores;
- customization of various delivery options;
- functional system of working with order returns;
- more than 75 available languages;
- adaptation for mobile devices.
On the PrestaShop platform you can also work with the built-in system of product reviews. The seller can attach files, such as a recipe or instructions, to each item.
Accepting Payments on PrestaShop
Methods of accepting payments may differ depending on the country in which the buyer is located. In total, PrestaShop offers 278 payment modules. The most popular in North America are the following services:
In Europe, Amazon Payments, Adyen, Revolut, Klarna, etc. are widely spread.
If your customers want to make payments in cryptocurrency, PrestaShop offers its users several modules for accepting cryptocurrency payments.
Accepting crypto transactions is beneficial to online store owners and customers for the following reasons:
- Smaller commissions. When paying with a bank card, the commission is about 4-5%, while cryptocurrency payment fee is about 1%.
- Unlimited acceptance of payments on PrestaShop from other countries. Sanctions and other financial restrictions practically do not apply to cryptocurrency, so the seller accepts payment regardless of the buyer's location.
- No total control by banks and government agencies. If you are a seller, your account is unlikely to be blocked or frozen.
- Fraud protection due to the absence of chargebacks.
- Transaction security. If you accept payment with cryptocurrency, your personal data remains safe as the transaction information is encrypted by blockchain technology.
Earlier in the article, we’ve discussed the advantages and disadvantages of accepting conventional and cryptocurrency payments for business.
CryptoCloud for Receiving Cryptocurrency Payments
The service that allows processing and accepting crypto payments is called crypto processing. With its help, online store owners receive payment from customers from almost anywhere in the world regardless of sanctions and financial restrictions.
For entrepreneurs, receiving payments in cryptocurrency has the following benefits:
- The additional payment method on the website helps increase conversion.
- The transfer comes at any time no matter where the buyer is located.
- Verification and confirmation of transactions is automatic.
The cryptocurrency payment process is as follows:
- While in the checkout, the buyer selects the cryptocurrency payment method.
- The service automatically converts the cost of the service or goods into cryptocurrency and generates a QR code for payment.
- The buyer transfers funds to the proposed cryptocurrency wallet address.
- If the payment is successful, the client gets access to the purchased product or service.
Read more about the work of the service in the article.
The main features of the service include:
- invoicing via links,
- withdrawal of funds within a few minutes,
- handling several projects at once,
- statistics and analytics of payments in the personal account,
- connection using ready modules for CMS, HTML widget and API.
Registration and integration of CryptoCloud with your project is free of charge. The service charges a commission from 0.4% of each transaction.
How to Connect CryptoCloud to Your PrestaShop Website
Step 1. Registration
Sign up in CryptoCloud personal account and add information about your project. Choose PrestaShop among the available CMS and download the archive document.
Step 2: Download the module
In the PrestaShop administration panel in the «Modules» section go to «Module Manager» and click on the «Upload Module» button at the top of the page.
Step 3. Installation
Transfer the downloaded ZIP-archive into the opened window and wait for the module to be installed. Then go to the module settings.
Step 4: Entering data
At the top of the module settings page, you will see the «URL for notifications» box. The URL for notifications can be also found in your project settings in your CryptoCloud personal account. There you will also find ApiKey, Secret Key and ShopID.
Step 5. Integration testing
The module is ready to work! Before you start accepting cryptocurrency transactions from clients, we recommend testing the integration.
If you have any questions, you can contact our Russian-speaking support at any stage of integration.
CryptoCloud for Accepting Crypto Payments on PrestaShop
PrestaShop is a CMS created for the development of online stores. Developers and users of the platform appreciate the availability of open source code and free license distribution. The system offers thousands of templates and modules to launch a full-fledged store.
PrestaShop supports payments from MasterCard, Visa, American Express bank cards and cooperates with well-known services such as PayPal and Stripe. The platform also provides an opportunity to accept transactions in cryptocurrency. You can do this using the CryptoCloud service, which connects to your online store on PrestaShop in a few minutes.